At PAX Academy, we are committed to cultivating leadership skills through volunteering and serving within our communities.
We are proud to announce that PAX Academy is now officially a certifying organization for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) which recognizes volunteer service
In order to qualify for the PVSA, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident (ie. green card holder)
- Must be at least 5 years old
- Complete the volunteer hours from August 1st to July 31st of the following year
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefitting others
- Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
Eligible Service does NOT include
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
Hours Required to Earn Awards by Age Group
In order to qualify for the PVSA, you must meet the following hours of volunteer service from August 1st to July 31st of the following year.
Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Service Hours
In order to keep track of your volunteer service hours, you need to:
- Complete the PAX Academy Volunteer Service Form including your supervisor’s signature.
- At the end of the year, submit ALL of your volunteer service hours on the PAX Academy Volunteer Service Reporting Form.
- In August, we will order the awards for any and all volunteers who qualify for the PVSA. You can keep track of your lifetime hours via the PAX Academy PVSA Master Spreadsheet.
NOTE: You must be logged in with your PAX Academy gmail account in order to submit the form. If you need assistance with accessing your PAX Academy gmail, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.